Wednesday, February 18, 2004

Yesterday was a day of misses...

I was traveling home on the MRT and I happened to chance upon a cute girl. When she happened to turn and face me, I gave her a smile. She returned me one of the more charming smile I have ever seen on people. That was a rare thing to receive on a train as Singapore commuters tend to put on 'dead' faces when in crowded environments. (I think even it's not crowded...) What is more incredible is that she flashed her that smile at me again after some time! The unbelievable finale to the whole encounter is that we waved good-bye to each other while she alighted.

It took me a while before the reality sank in. I had just missed a perfectly good opportunity to get to know her, a nice girl with a smile to match. Sure the train was crowded at that time, making conversations virtually impossible but I had pen and paper in front of me! (Okay, the pen and paper is in my bag but my bag is in front of me.) I could have slipped her a note asking for her contact number. What a waste of a God-given chance!

So now all I wanted to say to the girl who alighted at the Choa Chu Kang station (damn, can't remember the time) is:

"If you happen to see this journal entry, please give me an email -> nghianja@netscape.net , I really wish to know you."

Yesterday was also the day my brother flew back to Australia for school. Guess I will miss his sarcastic remarks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment