Friday, July 29, 2005

Life's Little Happiness

Today is my father's birthday and we just came back from a dinner celebrating it. It wasn't anything fancy, just some simple but good food at my aunt's eating place. My father is not someone great but he's great at taking care of his family. I wish him a happy birthday and grateful for the fact that he's healthy and fit.

This morning I also had the fortune of sharing a table with the cute girl from my work place while eating breakfast. It was certainly eye candy sweeter than the tea I was drinking with enough sugar to last me throughout the day. Don't be mistaken, I am not some sort of a pervert. I just appreciate the little things in life that make me happy daily.

Just like the national day song of old, it is the little things that matter. I don't need to chase after riches, just enough money to survive. I don't have to take elaborate vacations, just quality rest now and then. I don't need powerful alliances, just a few good friends. But then again, who doesn't want the best the world can offer?