Saturday, December 17, 2005

Lost Connections

I was clicking around the Yahoo! Singapore website late yesterday night when I came across a section in the Message Boards called Lost Connections. (Yes, there are interesting stuff in the Yahoo! website. It's up to you to click around and find the one you like.) This section is for people to post messages looking for friends or relatives that they have lost contact with. Then I got thinking whether I have anyone I wish to locate and yes indeed I do. Hence I posted a message looking for two people that have left their marks in the very early years of my life.

Sometimes this is how things happen. A person can come into your life, make a difference to you, but then leave your life as quickly as he/she has came. There are many people who really have shaped and are shaping my life. I truly love them and appreciate their presence, and will always treasure your kindness. They are you my friends. Though I may not get to meet you often or at all now, you are definitely not far from my mind. Friendships...

Anyway, the two people I am looking for now are just the first two in a long list.

Ms Lim Ah Ewe, thank you very much for nursing me back to health after my major surgery in 1994 at the National University Hospital (NUH). I have tried looking for you again at the hospital but you have left for quite some time. Please contact me at nghianja@gmail.com if you happen to see this message.

Yang Jiayi was a classmate I had in primary school back in 1984. Though I don't remember we having spend time together or talk much, a small gesture you did made me realise something. The small smurf toy you gave me made me understand that being on a wheelchair should never be an obstacle or excuse for making friends. I don't think you will remember me but still hope you can contact me at nghianja@gmail.com too.

Hahaha... it's the end of the year and I always tend to go into such reflective mood around this time;

No comments:

Post a Comment