Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Idiotic and Irritating

Encountered an idiotic and irritating person on the MRT this evening. He was using a portable DVD player to watch I-not-sure-what and the music playing from that thing was stupidly loud. What was that guy thinking? Oh wait, he couldn't be thinking because he should be brainless to ever do such an selfish act. People were staring at him and he was still oblivious to them. I really had half a mind to tell him to shut the he** up but I let it go as I was a stop away from alighting. Such stupidity is also not confined to him alone as there are people who either let their handphones ring or play music from them. Yo idiots, don't you know what earphones are?

Since I am already on this 'theme', I may as well continue with another story which is less irritating but no less idiotic. This time it involved a non-living thing. Last evening, I went over to my neighbour's to help her configure her new laptop to connect with her router. Since I was the one who set up that router, I thought it will be a breeze. Alas, I was wrong. I forgot that the router's different when I activated the MAC filtering. The router will block any computer that has no MAC address registered in its list, not just for wireless but wired as well. Therefore I couldn't connect the new laptop 'wiredly', leaving me with no access to the router for configuration. How stupid is that! Thank goodness there was another computer connected to it but what if that computer had been down?

Here are more grumblings of mine regarding KDE which I have received good replies to prove my own ignorance :-)