Saturday, August 19, 2006

At the Esplanade

I am writing this (on paper of course) as I am sitting by the bay, looking at a bunch of students taking photos in their graduation gowns. On my right are the two durian-like Esplanade theatres, and on my distant left is the Merlion. With the setting sun in my eyes and a cooling breeze on my back, I squint to have a view of the bay. It is actually quite beautiful. Reminds me of the time I was at the Sydney Opera House but you may beg to differ.

A band is performing while I am writing. Music fills the air accompanies by sweet singing. Tourists are busying surrounding the Merlion with their cameras. Water taxis come and go, ferrying their loads. All of a sudden, I am at peace, forgetting the stress of everyday life. Too bad I don't have a camera with me to capture the memory. Singaporeans should learn to know how they can appreciate the nice places the country has instead of complaining about no where to go; to learn that you don't have to go far to enjoy a stress relieving day, watching free performances.

Oh well, my friends are late for our dinner gathering. I'm going to call them and blast the hell out of them. Just kidding. They are nice people whose company I enjoy anytime anywhere...