Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Happy CNY but a sad day for S'pore football

It's the Chinese New Year tomorrow and I hereby wish everyone an exciting and prosperous year ahead. I also want to congratulate the Ministry of Community Development, Youth and Sports. Once again, you have shot yourselves in the foot. What a spectacular bid for being the first city to host the Youth Olympics and yet fail to get our national television station to telecast the Saudi Arabia vs Singapore football match. So can I not pay my TV licence since I already don't have anything to watch anyway? Maybe we can disband our TV broadcasting station since all it does is showing reruns, producing crap programmes, and paying salaries to people that don't really contribute to the welfare of the community? In fact, why not fire those producers, directors, script-writers, actors and actresses and spare us all the torture of watching TV. Oh wait, I know, this is actually a conspiracy to prevent us from becoming couch potatoes, give our students an excuse to study more and adults spending more in our malls. Right?