Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Day At The Museum

The National Museum of Singapore that is. I spent an educating afternoon looking at artefacts and archives found in Singapore all the way from the 14th Century till the 20th Century. I toured the History Gallery first before taking a tea break having a Linguine Carbona and a glass of ice lavender tea. I read a chapter of the book I brought with me before continuing with the visit. The Living Gallery consists of four sections: Food, Photography, Film & Wayang, Fashion. They showcased the lifestyle of Singaporeans from the 50s to the 70s. The displays are both interactive and eye-catching. The recently-renovated museum is a good place to spend a day in for both locals and tourists alike.

S$10 admission ticket + S$22.40 food & drink may be above my usual daily budget but it's considered cheap for a meaningful trip.