Friday, December 31, 2004

New Year's Eve

On the last day of the year, I just wish to give myself a small pat on the back as I have accomplished quite a few targets I have set for myself at the start of the year. For one, I am able to write this journal till now, thus fulfilling one of my new year resolutions set at the first day of this year.

The year 2004 has been an eventful year. A lot of events has happened that affect on personal, social, national and international levels. Unfortunately, most of these events had been bad and sad. Therefore, I want to make a wish that the coming year can be peaceful, prosperous, and caring.

Though I will be wishing everyone a happy new year, I know I won't be really happy due to a couple of things that will be happening on the 1st of January. Then, my alma matars (high school and junior college) will merge into one. The merged entity will carry a new name, a name which I absolutely detest. Singapore's age of having two television stations will come to an end after just 4 short years. MediaWorks will be absorbed by MediaCorp. Just two words: "Merger sucks" :(