Friday, September 28, 2007

I took a public bus!

It has always been like buying a lottery for me to catch a cab in the evenings at the corner of Pasir Panjang Road and Alexandra Road. Sometimes I strike a small surprise but most of the time frustrating losses. It's end of the month Friday night, there's no taxi in sight. There's a guy waiting in front me so I definitely could take a nap first.

However, I was simply too tired to wait so when bus service 51 came, I looked at the driver for an indication that I could board. I only saw the handicapped logo on the bus a few days earlier so I checked the internet and confirmed that it is a wheelchair accessible bus (WAB). The driver was so nice that he practically jumped off the bus to help me without me asking whether it was okay. So this became the first time I traveled on a public bus by myself.

Too bad I forgot to take a picture of myself on the bus :(

Photo update on 22 Oct 2007: proof of me taking the bus