Sunday, February 28, 2010

元宵节快乐!

Today is the 15th day of the first month of the year of the chinese calendar. Yes, I use the term chinese calendar as opposed to the "politically-correct" asian calendar used in the U.S. This calendar we are using have been adopted by various asian cultures including the japanese and the koreans but it is invented by the chinese so we are calling it so. Just as the mayan calendar is invented by the mayans, we don't say the native american calendar. So stop complaining, koreans.

Anyway, I digressed. Today marks the end of the Chinese New Year celebrations. Over this period, the questions I got from relatives were mainly "how's work?", "what having you been doing?", and "what are you planning for your career?". The first two questions are easy to answer but the third one is one I don't have a clue. It seems that I don't plan about my career and don't know what I want to do in the future. I simply have no ambition, unlike my friends who could tell me what they are seeking in life and work. That is why I feel so unmotivated lately and have been procrastinating on the things I need to do.

Well, one thing I am sure. I am sick of where I am now. Sick of my location, my position and my inaction. I want to have more time and space to pursue new knowledge and projects. A change in environment is definitely in order to break out of this situation...