Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A Series of Unexpected Events

My tale of unexpected events started with a SingTel screw-up and a freakish morning. Firstly, SingTel sux big time! My mum went to upgrade her SIM card before the weekend and as her number is registered under my name, I had to fax a copy of my ID and an authorisation letter. And you think this should be just it. No... SingTel actually migrated my phone number to my mum's new SIM card. As she took the SIM card with her to Genting, I was without a connection as my SIM card had been deactivated. I didn't noticed this until last evening. Then I called 1688. After going through levels of automated answering, I waited on the phone for more than 15 mins before someone attended to me. And the guy with a heavy indian accent didn't quite understand my problem. Then the line got cut off. Think I accidentally hit the off button. Then it's back to another 25 mins of waiting... Then a new guy promised it should be rectified in an hour's time but only found the problem fixed in the morning.

This morning I encountered two strange happenings. The first one was that the usual direct train from Woodlands going towards Pasir Ris at 7:49 didn't show. The next direct train was the one scheduled at 8:03. Then when alighting from the taxi, the newbie cabbie found that the end of his taxi's boot cover was wedged in my wheelchair's wheel. Haven't seen that before. Took him a while to figure out that the wheelchair would drop out simply by lifting the boot cover up. Oh well, that's my day.