Sunday, January 1, 2006

Happy New Year!! My Resolutions!!

2006 is here! A new year means a new beginning. As usual, I will write down a few new year's resolutions to see if I can accomplish any of them, no matter how silly some of them can be. My resolutions for this year are as follow:

1. Complete my elementary Japanese learning. I have been delaying my progress for much too long. I must sit for the JLPT4 exam at the end of this year. 頑張って!

2. Finish reading the books I want to and/or suppose to. I want to make it a target to read a book outside of my study quarterly. Reading is my way to keep my mind as sharp as I can manage.

3. Do more physical exercises to keep myself fit. I am not getting any younger hence it is important that I watch my health. I also try to make subtle changes to my diet, taking a bit more vegetables and fruits than I usually would.

4. Besides physical health, I also have to take care of my mental health. No point losing my mind right? To prevent that, I will take care not to stress myself too much from the rigours of work and daily life. Just live life as it should be. A way to do it is to finish the list of Playstation 2 games I want to play: Shadow Hearts 2, Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, etc...

5. As usual, I will try to keep my emotions in check again this year, which I have to admit to have slipped last year. This is done to protect others from myself, to preserve any relationships I have with family, friends, colleagues, etc. Never let the devil in me be released...

So what are your resolutions for this year? No matter what you have planned for this year, I wish you all the best in achieving them. Here's a very nice new year pic, courtesy of an e-pal;