Monday, January 2, 2006

Volunteerism

Yesterday I wrote about making new year's resolutions. Have you made yours yet? If you have not, can I suggest one for you? If it's not too much for you, I'll like to introduce to you a concept called 'volunteerism'. I know how busy we all are but just by spending a little bit of time a week, not more than 3 hours of an evening, we can bring a lot to the people we are helping.

I know of this volunteering initiative whereby a group of people come together to provide IT training to residents of social homes. Though I belong to this group, I am ashamed to say that I couldn't provide my skills due to some inconveniences (wheelchair + 2nd storey = inaccessible). Hence I wish to do a little promotion of this group called ComputerWorldVolunteers (CWV).

No comments:

Post a Comment